Who We Are
Bigge Crane and Rigging is a leading heavy lift and transportation solutions provider in North America with over a century of experience. Our team of professionals is dedicated to delivering safe, reliable, and efficient services to customers across various industries, while our extensive fleet of cranes, rigging equipment, and transportation vehicles allows us to handle a wide range of projects. We are committed to safety, timely execution, and customer satisfaction, and our focus on these values has earned us a reputation as a trusted partner in heavy lift and transportation.
- Bigge Crane and Rigging was founded in 1916 by Henry W. Bigge as Bigge Drayage Company and has been providing heavy lift and transportation solutions for over 100 years.
- Bigge Crane and Rigging remains a family-owned and operated business. The company is currently led by Weston J. Settlemier, the fourth generation of the Bigge family.
- Bigge Crane and Rigging has one of the largest and most diverse fleets of cranes, rigging equipment, and transportation vehicles in North America, with over 1,800 cranes.
- Bigge Crane and Rigging has been involved in some of the largest and most complex construction and infrastructure projects in North America, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Hoover Dam, and transport of the Space Shuttle Endeavour.
- Bigge Crane and Rigging has been recognized for its commitment to safety and has received numerous industry awards, including the Crane & Rigging Group Safety Award and the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) Crane & Rigging Safety Award.
|1916||Bigge is founded as Bigge Drayage Co.|
|1935||Bigge helps build the Golden Gate Bridge|
|1941||Bigge assists the United States in World War II, by transporting Liberty Ship sections|
|1966||Bigge designs and builds the roof for the Oakland Coliseum, now known as the Oracle Arena|
|1968||Bigge is instrumental in the construction of BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)|
|1969||Bigge helps build the Humble Oil Refinery in Benicia, which is known today as the Valero refinery|
|1979||Bigge helps erect California's first wind farm|
|1989||Bigge helps rescue victims trapped at the Cypress Freeway collapse following the Loma Prieta earthquake|
|2003||Bigge moves the five-story 5,400 ton Hotel Montgomery in one piece|
|2011||Bigge opens Gulf Coast Headquarters in Houston, TX|
|2016||Bigge celebrates its centennial year in business|
Weston J. Settlemier
President & CEO
Thomas E. Bostrom, P.E.
Senior Vice President
Chief Business Development Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Headquartered in San Leandro, CA, Bigge has more than 20 local branches throughout the United States, including Texas, Utah, Florida, Georgia, Colorado, Kentucky, Louisiana, and more.
All of Bigge's recent and past Press Releases can be found on our Press Releases page.