Bigge Crane and Rigging Co. Invests over $100 Million in New Equipment for Crane Rental, Heavy Lift Projects and Equipment Sales at 2017 ConExpo
Bigge Takes Center Stage at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2017 and Continues to Build the ‘Perfect Fleet of Cranes’ for our Customers to Meet Nationwide Customer Rental and Sales Requirements
San Leandro, CA March 29, 2017 –Bigge Crane and Rigging Co. (www.bigge.com) took center stage at the ConExpo-Con/Agg 2017 equipment expo this month, showcasing purchases of 75 cranes, construction hoists and gantries at the massive heavy equipment event held every 3 years. These purchases add to Bigge’s vast and diverse fleet of over 1,000 cranes which support the world’s most modern national rental and sales fleet.
“At Bigge, we endeavor to have the ‘perfect fleet of cranes.’ What this means to us is that we are always looking to deliver the right crane, to the right market at the right time. Our unique strategy allows our customers to leverage our expertise to deliver the maximum value to all of their projects,” said Weston Settlemier, President and CEO, Bigge Crane and Rigging Co. “At ConExpo this year, we’ve invested over $100 million dollars in capital expenditures to make our vision a reality for our valued customers.”
Twelve of the world’s largest crane and heavy equipment manufacturers, including Liebherr, Manitowoc, Grove, Potain, Kobelco, Terex, Alimak, Enerpac, Tadano, Broderson, Xtreme, and RopeBlock, honored Bigge throughout the week, each emphasizing Bigge’s dedication, innovation and commitment to delivering quality cranes and equipment to meet customer needs. More importantly, Bigge acknowledged these partnerships and relationships that have been fostered over the last 100 years of business.
Bigge also placed orders for 27 new Terex cranes at ConExpo, including the Terex RT100 ton rough terrain cranes. Bigge is projecting large potential for both the 90 and 100 ton rough terrains, both for its rental and crane sales customers.
Bigge at ConExpo Highlights:
Key Bigge Equipment Purchase Highlights Include:
- 12 Tadano Cranes, including GR-1200XL Rough Terrain Cranes
- 27 Terex Cranes, including the RT100, Terex Demag AC220‑5
- Liebherr Crawler Cranes, including the LR1300 SX
- Liebherr LTM1400‑7.1 All Terrain Crane
- Liebherr LTR1100 Telescop Crawler Crane
- Alimak Scando 650 hoists
- 14 Kobelco crawler cranes, including the 1100, 1600, and the 2750
- Manitowoc MLC650 crawler crane, the tallest crane in ConExpo’s Gold Lot
- Grove Rough Terrain cranes, including the GRT8100
- Greenfield 3‑axle dolly for Grove GMK5250L All Terrain crane
- Potain MDT219 tower crane
- Enerpac SBL500, SBL900 and SBL1100 gantries
- Xtreme reach forks, including the XR4030, XR3034, XR2450 and the XR2045
- 6 Broderson RT400 carry decks, the replacement for the Galion crane
- RopeBlock 350 ton MLC650 block
- Manitex Boom Trucks, including the TC400 and TC500
- Mantis 9010 Tele-Boom Crawler crane
Since 1916, Bigge Crane and Rigging Co. has been the premier provider of best-in-class cranes. Bigge offers crane rentals, cranes for sale, crane parts, and specialized heavy lift equipment to customers across America. With headquarters in California and Texas, Bigge operates a strategic network of over 20 service locations nationwide, allowing them to provide logistical and field support throughout the United States. Bigge actively buys and sells new and quality used cranes and maintains a rental fleet of more than 1,800 assets. Safety, teamwork, results, innovation, and passion are central to Bigge’s core values. Bigge continues to lead the crane industry into the 21st century with generations of combined experience in the crane and rigging industry.